The cloud façade for the Bergeron Centre for Engineering Excellence has been developed using triangulated pattern of a rainscreen Aluminum Composite Panel (ACP) cladding together with Structural Silicone Glazed (SSG) type windows. The geometry of the cloud is curved in plan and vertical in section – there are no compound curves.
The entire façade has been developed using 3 triangles. This applies to 85% of the cloud and includes both ACP and SSG panels. The remaining 15% are unique panels limited to the parapet and soffit areas (these are truncated versions of the typical triangle as a by-product of the parapet/soffit curves). Additionally, the size of the triangles is based on industry standard limitations for ACP panel sizes.